|Roasted, chilled beets with blue cheese.|
Beets, although they are among the vegetables highest in carbs, are still incredibly healthy and a food you should consider eating on occasion.
But I get it. They taste like dirt.
Beets do have a rather earthy aroma and flavor. And some people are just not into eating dirt or anything that tastes like it. But there are ways to make beets delicious. Well, at least one way.
Here is my version of the best way to cook and eat beets. No added sugar, no salt, no pickling. And so delicious.
Chilled Beets with Blue Cheese Recipe
Crumbled blue cheese
1. Roast beets, covered or wrapped in foil, at 350 degrees until tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Remove beets from the oven and peel.
3. Cut beets into half-inch thick slices.
4. Place beet slices in a covered container and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
5. Drizzle beet slices with balsamic vinegar. Top with crumbled blue cheese or blue cheese dressing. Season with black pepper.